Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Who was that mystery reporter?

Last night, before I could see myself quoted on TV, I first had to suffer through an hour of President Obama answering some pre-screened questions from the press. That question that he has been avoiding for days, however, mysteriously slipped in again: "Will your health plan be the same as the one you and Congress have?"

Half of his answer finally was perfect: "I have a doctor who follows me around everywhere I go, because I am the President of the United States, so I receive special treatment." That is a proper acknowledgement, and a gutsy answer.

As to the other half, his affirmative response was a promise he can't keep. You will not be getting the same plan as the members of Congress do. That's one of the perks that makes their jobs so desirable and special, and they're not going to share it with you.

By the way, the President of the United States -- he who commands special health treatment -- allowed one off-topic question about the incident with the Harvard professor, which he answered, admittedly from incomplete evidence, BUT he entertained NO MENTION of the health of the HOSTAGES in North Korea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home