Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, August 07, 2009

A second one for Friday

I almost contributed to P BS the other night when they played "Leonard Cohen in London," which I enjoyed immensely. Cohen is a brilliant poet and a thoroughly charming performer. I reached for the phone, and then I remembered that they used to play the Crazy Liberal Lady, which I hope is gone, but I no longer stay up until midnight, so I can't be sure. What I do know is that they broadcast Bill Moyers and another piece of propaganda called "Now," and, of course, most of their science programming is gloom and doom about how someone is ostensibly destroying the environment, an action for which I refuse to feel guilty. How can I be sure my money will only be used to buy the music and drama programs that I enjoy, without a political message?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home