Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, July 31, 2009

Another birthday. . . of a sort

Fifteen years ago to the day, I brought home my new Chevy S-10. It had left the factory some time earlier, but it became a member of my family on this date. This morning I sang the copyrighted jingle to it in celebration.

I bought an American vehicle deliberately, and I have been rewarded handsomely. The truck did spend the first month of its life with me in the shop, but the finest service manager I had ever known promised me I would only get it back when he could assure me it would never be unreliable again. He was true to his word, and except for routine maintenance, it has only needed one mechanical service, a fuel pump replacement, 7-9 years ago.

Even if it dies tomorrow, I will always love my GM truck, purchased before the company lost its free enterprise status. It still essentially gets the same MPG, and has always passed smog. I will not be replacing it with an ugly, undersized kiddie-car from Obama Motors.

QUESTION: Have you seen or heard any mention of freeing the HOSTAGES? I haven't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home