Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The confluence of March Madness and the end of The Void

While I was cheering for my alma mater to be the national champion (and remembering how we lost the final game last year), I realized The Void is over in a week, and grown men will resume playing the boy's game of baseball for big money, and I will enjoy keeping track of the statistics. I hope in this, my eighteenth year, my fantasy team will finally reward my longevity. I appreciate that my family doesn't repeatedly remind me how much I haven't won.

THE CENSUS: It appears that the government won't be sending the form to my only mailing address, a P.O. Box. When the temporary employee comes to my door, he or she had better bring a form to leave with me, because I have no intention of discussing my situation with him or her, especially the facts that we are merely Americans, and our income is none of anyone's business. I don't suppose it would be productive to write "Repeal Obamacare" on the form, because apparently they don't give a damn what the people want.

WANDA SYKES can be funny, especially if you laugh at her biased view of life. Remember -- she can only offend you if you allow her to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home