Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, April 08, 2010

As if you cared

I tried to resign from my book club. For many years, each month I have had the annoying task of cancelling the automatic delivery of their "featured selection" when I didn't want it. Last month, I forgot, and $35 worth of unwanted books arrived, and I sent them back. The company will accept them, but I'll have to pay the postage and "handling." However, today their email said, in part, "We have changed the method of servicing your account. You no longer need to decline your featured selection. . . you only need to contact us when you want to order." How many years ago could I have enjoyed that option?

Actually, since the advent of the internet, I have discovered many sources of reasonably priced books, and when I learn to read, that may become significant.

EMERY MICHELLE: Through the grapevine I have learned that I now have a second greatgranddaughter. Apparently, Tennessee is in another dimension, but someday I hope to receive a letter from there from a rested mother.

AM I MOVING? "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be beautiful or useful." -- William Morris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home