Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Irrelevant media

I feel dirty when I watch "Two and a Half Men," but nobody used to know, especially the network, because Neilsen never asks me. I knew it was completely inappropriate for the teenagers who undoubtedly watched it. I like to think that I only watched it because I enjoyed the shows which appeared before and after it; and because some of the writing was clever, I pretended it wasn't morally repugnant. I know what Jesus would say.

Next season, Ashton Kutcher will replace Charlie Sheen. He will portray a new character, although one probably isn't needed. Jon Cryer, Ryan Stiles and Conchata Ferrell are competent comic actors. Despite his propensity for making tons of money, Ashton Kutcher is a boob.

If there is anything else being shown in that time slot, I will finally make a concerted effort to select alternate viewing. To those who would suggest I read something instead, I'll take it under advisement, as usual.

(Of course, Holland Taylor, who has appeared in every sitcom ever made, never fails to amuse. I'll bet she thinks Ashton Kutcher is a boob, as well.)

UGLY: It's not as though I haven't tried, but I don't find Bette Davis attractive. As I watch "Jezebel" (1938), I observe she has buggy eyes and unappealing lips. She also talks kinda funny. . . you know, with that early Hollywood stilted, faux British, overly dramatic patois.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Schmoozyschlepp said...

Yes - she's no beauty, but she's memorable in a way that a lot of prettier actresses aren't...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home