Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

One Polack's view

Usually, I avoid films which rely too much upon the word "fuck" (and its various forms: -ed, -er, and -ing), but as I was surfing the Dish recently, I came upon something the title of which I have deliberately forgotten. On screen, a group of drugged out slackers were sitting around when a competent blues singer appeared on the television. Through the haze, one of the addle-brained denizens yelled out, as if the singer could hear, "Shut the fuck up!"

I laughed aloud. . . then, I changed the channel. I cherish that app.

That brings me to Donald Trump. Last week he spoke publically in Las Vegas. In addition to the sprinkling of variations of "fuck," he referred to the Chinese leaders as "motherxxxxxxs." That is more than annoying, more than rude; it is downright disgusting. In my view, it is even more offensive than that one word that only "niggers" can say to each other. I don't know what Trump was trying to accomplish, but he certainly alienated me. Are we really ready for a presidential candidate who is profanity challenged?

There is one word, however, that I find to be the worst of all. Yesterday, Judge Judy put it into perfect perspective. Her defendent was one of those unemployed male losers who had taken financial advantage of a young mother. Judy asked him, "How long did you work in California?"

"Six months," he replied.

"And for how long will you be eligible for unemployment compensation?" she queried.

"One year," he said.

"Well, that's why California is going into bankruptcy."

What's the word for that, which I find so offensive? Liberalism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home