Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, September 01, 2011

The finals

In the semifinals I divided my choices into four groups -- my top three, my second four, my third four, and the rest. America chose two acts from each of my first three groups. The other four winners include a singer who does Sinatra, a frenetic dance group, a group that does a dark dance which capitalizes on the popular vampire craze, and a family whose two sons have convinced them to risk life and limb by participating in their motorcycle hijinks.

To guide your choices, if you decide to watch, I recommend the three singers -- the operatic voice, the eleven-year-old girl, or the cute pop group. Secondarily, the magician has all the appropriate equipment, the Silhouttes do that very well, but I couldn't see the group with the lights in the dark very well. Perhaps it's my eyesight. . . or a lack of interest. Fortunately, all of the real losers are gone, so a lot depends upon the quality of the final performances.

Several talents have already been eliminated basically for errors. Some Americans aren't very forgiving, even though we have a President who speaks of 57 States, and calls military medics "corpse-men." (Not to mention the lies.)

See you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home