Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, March 08, 2012

High-speed rail

(I can't seem to get through to the Bee, so I'll put my snarky letter here.)

I've lived in Fresno, and since Buck Owens died, I suspect even the country music fans don't go the Bakersfield any more, and there are some south state people who don't even know where Fresno is. (I met one once.) Why should we build a section of track between those cities with no guarantee that any more will be added?

We already have high-speed transit. It's called an airplane, and check-in delays are improving, so the speed will soon easily be as quick as it used to be. Instead, let's spend the money on welfare for people who seem to need it because they say they are unhappily unemployed and/or disabled. Hopefully, most of it will go to those who are deserving, and someday we may elect some new legislators who will create a structure to better insure that happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home