Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, February 13, 2012

Decisions, decisions

Last year, I played a $50,000 fantasy baseball game, paying over $300 and winning zippo (again). During the playoffs, I signed up for three "budget" teams for free and won $10.00. This year's regular season they are offering a budget $5,000 game which could cost me no more than $35 per team, unlimited weekly changes included. I am seriously thinking of buying more than one (limit 8) of the teams. It sounds like all the fun at much less cost.

I am slightly buoyed by the rare recent small win we enjoyed at the Volunteer Fire Department's spaghetti feed. We support the firefighters with regular generous donations. We like the spaghetti, buy tickets to their dance which we don't attend, and invest in raffle tickets. This year, we won a small ditty bag full of stuff donated by local businesses, like Ace Hardware, Preferred Real Estate, the free $1.79 soda I enjoyed at Round Table Pizza, and the small Subway sandwich I am looking forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home