Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, February 02, 2012

The Bee buzzes

I subscribe to the Sacramento Bee and the Chico E-R. A couple of years ago they struck a deal whereby a carrier employed by the E-R delivers both. That is the only fact I have ever been able to glean from either of them.

On numerous occasions one or both newspapers have arrived with sections missing. Interestingly enough, it's only parts that are missing, so I have difficulty knowing whom to blame.

From past experience, I was aware that the parts of newspapers were assembled by a crew of human beings before leaving the pressroom. If the process has been mechanized or transferred to the carriers, I wouldn't know, and my inquiries -- such as the one below -- have gone basically unanswered. The Bee's latest response is typically ambiguous. One thing is obvious, however: they don't give a damn what I know or how much I care, and their promises to deliver the missing parts a day or two later have ALWAYS BEEN LIES. I won't give them that opportunity again.

The E-R is mostly a local paper with coverage only of the most major national events. The Bee relies on the liberally biased AP which they supplement with local and state muckraking which they call "journalism." The SF Chronicle no longer delivers here in the boondocks, so if you detect me citing FoxNews, feel free to add your own personal bias to the mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home