Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, February 03, 2012

Surprise!

Prompted by my daughter's participation in their annual Run for the Cure (of breast cancer), I have made a charitable contribution to The Susan G. Komen Foundation on three or four occasions. I envisioned my money going directly to teams of doctors and support technicians at highly respected hospitals and laboratories for serious cancer research. Now, I find some of my funds have been redirected to Planned Parenthood, an organization which was founded by Margaret Sanger, a notorious eugenicist, whose avowed goal was to prevent "undesirables" from procreating. Although some of their activities today are more beneficial, I do believe that encouraging abortion, legal as it may be, is morally debilitating.

More importantly, I was surprised to learn that one charity is donating to another, and I plan to investigate the remaining groups I support to see to it that they are not engaged in such behavior without my knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home