Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, June 14, 2012

I've got mail

I just received a postcard from Mexico.  If I have interpreted the smudged cancellation stamp properly, it was mailed in May, so, apparently, it took longer to get here than loads of cocaine or illegals would.  Perhaps the text spoofing about gunfire at a Cancun resort was met with possible censorship, although it arrived seemingly intact.

I enjoyed it, as I do all such missives.  Parenthetically, I could not ascertain what the picture on the $15.00 stamp depicted.  It appears to be a Pemex oil rig or a piece of modern art.  I also learned that pesos are expressed with a $.  Copycats.

VEEP:  I was dozing during the HBO sitcom starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus being herself on a show pretending to be "adult" because of the liberal use of the word fuck in all its incarnations.  It was free HBO weekend again, but I wasn't tempted to sign up, as if I could.  Anyway, I was suddenly awakened by the words, "Something small crawled up a dead cow's ass," and I broke into a paroxysm of laughter, although I had no idea of the context.  It did seem completely consistent with the nonsense the show is, however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home