Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Misc.

"The three R's  --  reading, 'riting and 'rithmetic  --  now are racism, reproduction and recycling."  --  George Will, 4/7/13

As a criticism of inappropriate teachers, I might add a fourth R  --  religion.  That would be the biblical kind, and the religion of science, such as the myth of man-made global warming and the search for Spock.  There is so much that some teachers touch upon which is none of their business.  In the words of Sgt Friday, "Just the facts, ma'am."

While writing the above as "The People's Court" was finishing, I  discovered I had missed the  best sports movie ever, showing on TCM  --  "The Set-Up" (1949)  --  and my VHS copy is flawed.

I haven't received a copy of The Week since the one dated March 29.       ???

I recently discovered a cache of unused picture postcards which I sent to our family world traveler to insure I continue to receive his welcome words.  A few have scenes of 1960's autos, some of the world's most clunky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home