Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, May 31, 2007

"On the Lot"

I broke my own rule, and got what I deserved. I don't watch reality TV (except quiz shows, to keep sharp in case my family ever has the guts to challenge me at Trivial Pursuit again). But, in a moment of weakness, I watched "On the Lot." Young filmmakers are trying to earn a job at Dreamworks. Their first offering was a one-minute comedy film. Now comes the flaw in the process. The public was allowed to vote. The viewers with the twelve-year-old mentality chose the films which contained vomit, urine, and the two which featured farting over at least two others which were somewhat better. So, three of the 18 filmmakers were dismissed, and only one of those was deserving. I fear if I continue to watch, it will just make me increasingly angry.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger nope said...

I find myself yelling at the TV whenever it's on. Be it, sports, news, politics, or Rosie O'Donnell (may her career RIP)...

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

I broke my own rule and drank a whole pony keg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home