Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, August 24, 2007

Four not yet used

My TV submissions aren't used as often, as the feature is becoming more popular. But I keep soldiering on.

1. On smoking: The holier-than-thou can't decide which they want more -- keeping people from smoking or taxing smokers. They seem to ignore the fact that those dollars they want to extort to fund children's health care will dry up if there's no place to smoke.

2. On government run health care: Recently, I spent 2 1/2 months in a Medicare/Medi-Cal rehab facility, and the only thing all the employees could agree upon is that they spend 40% of their time on paperwork. During those times care suffers. I cannot recommend government run health care.

3. On bailing out foreclosures: We have to stop depending on the government for everything. If you made a mistake, or were suckered into something, and it wasn't a police matter, handle it yourself.

4. How many books have you read this year? I read a book once. I believe it was green. Actually, I finished a book yesterday. I stayed within the lines on every page. (Hopefully, the staff got a laugh.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home