Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Moving on

I'm going to back off education for now (abolishing the school board and proselytizing teachers notwithstanding), and get to important things.

The 2007 "Last Comic Standing" has finally been selected. He's Jon Reep, the rustic from Hickory, N.C., who is anything but a dumb hick. I looked forward to his humor from the moment I heard his red, white and blue joke. However, I voted for the cute girl, Amy Schumer, until she was eliminated, because she was cute. I'm no fool. Then, I voted for Jon, because he was cute too, in a different way, and he's funny. It's good to back a winner.

Earlier, I voted for the cute girl on "America Has Talent." At 14, she was an awesome country singer. They all seem to mature early. Must be the water. The singing ventriloquist/ impersonator won, however. He's like nobody else.

"Prison Break" returned, with half the cast back in prison, this time in Panama. The guards have abandoned the inside, and for entertainment, the inmates stage fights-to-the-death. It's the perfect milieu for Theodore Bagwell (T-Bag), who has already killed innumerable people and seems to enjoy it. Watch out, reigning bad guys!

The new shows don't seem to look that good, or are copycats or derivative. However, the returning fare kept me busy last year, so there's no reason to believe I'll have to read a book during prime time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home