Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Monday, September 15, 2008

Grumble

While I ponder how I have become one of the holier-than-thou, because of my immunity to political correctness, I am growing increasingly angry with P BS, because they have gone completely digital, and until I buy some government mandated equipment, I have no P BS picture. So, last night I watched reruns, because I couldn't receive "Masterpiece Mystery," which I hadn't seen, and others of which I have frequently enjoyed.

I find it hard to swallow their explanation that because their tower is in the foothills, they have had to make the changeover when the weather permits. With the complexity of today's technology, couldn't they accomplish the work now, reroute the controls to the studio, and throw the switch in February with everyone else?

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS LECTURE PREVIEW: A word is a word. A person can only be offended by a word if he allows himself to be. I don't allow myself to be offended by words. As we learn in the old adage, "Sticks and stones, etc."

3 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, if I walked up to your wife (if you have one) and called her a fucking cunt, then that is OK? After all, words can only offend if you allow them to.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

Normally I try not to respond to anyone who is too lazy to post, but if you were to have insulted my wife, I would have been stunned by the stupidity of your poor choice of words. If you can't think of anything more clever than that, you might be advised not to speak too often. What my wife might have done is problematic, however, because she was pretty feisty. You might have wanted to duck.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Donalbain said...

So, you seem to think that sometimes words DO have an offensive nature. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home