Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, November 30, 2008

For TV

When they published my following submission to TV, the anchor called it sarcasm: " I plan to buy many gifts, costing more than I can afford, in a greater number than last year. With the country heading down the drain politically, and religion taking a beating, there may not even be a Christmas next year."

My response, hopefully to be seen on Monday, is: "I was serious about spending more this Christmas. That's patriotic. And I'm adding extra to my regular donations, because that's charitable."

Also seen on TV was: "[As has always been true since the onset of the Roosevelt entitlement program,] we should identify those capable of working, stop encouraging their indolence, and teach them self -sufficiency by taking them off the welfare rolls."

Not seen: "[Black] Friday is just another day, unless you enjoy heavy traffic, serious jostling, and a few bargains, which will probably last until Christmas."

How prophetic was that last one? One man was "seriously jostled" in a New York Walmart. They must have had bargains "to die for."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home