Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Sub-species

Yes, I was surprised. I used the word "sub-species," intending to be controversial, but it turns out I inadvertently revealed that I may be beginning to accede to the "science" which says that homosexuality is a normal human condition.

I have believed that homosexuality was a lifestyle choice, frequently dictated by a desire to have sex at any cost. I have acknowledged that people of the same sex can have an honest affection for each other, but sodomitic sexual activity still seems to me to be immoral.

Now, I have used the word sub-species, one meaning of which is "a named subdivision (as a race or variety) of a taxonomic species." So, that is not so much insulting as accurate, and I stand by it. However, the more accepted that gays and lesbians become, the more important it is that they exhibit civilized behavior, and rioting and intolerance of others are not examples thereof.

3 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Donalbain said...

No. It is not accurate. Did you skip every science lesson when you were at school?

As for your beliefs about homosexuality, they are about as closely related to reality as you beliefs about the Apollo Program.

And as for the idea that it is immoral, so what? We all have different ideas of what is moral, and so long as people do not have their rights infringed, it is no concern of anyone else.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Don, American Idle said...

All I took was chemistry, because most of the the rest is THEORY.

I repudiate your idea of morality. If there is a God, you will rot in hell. Buy an asbestos suit.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Donalbain said...

Well, it depends on the god. There are lots of gods theorised who would happily burn you in hell. Frankly, such things are a crappy way to determine a morality.
To me, the way that humans treat each other is what matters in matters of morality. So, being nice to each other is good, being a jerk is bad. The fact that some supposed genocidal autocrat says that eating shellfish, or wearing wool/linen blends is evil is neither here nor there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home