Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Another year

It's another year, and if the government doesn't fail, and/or the terrorists don't invade, this year will be much the same as last year. That's the way it has always been, especially for me. If my social security check keeps coming, and a certain insurance company remains solvent, my income will remain constant, except for a pittance of a cost of living increase. So, when the prices inevitably rise, I only have to cut back on non-essentials. I should be able to do it, because the only time I've spent more than $100 at one time (barring health costs and electric bills) since 1994 (my last new car), was the new TV I bought just before Christmas. For my upcoming birthday, I will be hoping for one of those 2-3 meals in a nice restaurant I may enjoy this year.

I hope your life is one of contentment, too, this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home