Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Friday, October 15, 2010

Argh. . .

My pharmacy may inadvertantly be trying to kill me. Although neither I nor my personal shopper asked for the automatic refill option, I was informed by the electronic voice on the phone, that my prescription was ready. I have to assume that the scrip to which they refer is one for warfarin, my blood thinner, because it was last refilled 90 days ago. However, because I only take 1/2 tablet per day, the pharmacy has jumped the gun, and what looks like a three-month supply will last me significantly longer.

Because warfarin is the killing ingredient in rat poison, overdosing by me could be fatal. Fortunately, I have my blood tested regularly, and, thank God, my mind is still intact and apparently more attentive to my needs than the folks down at the drug store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home