Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I spoke too soon

Rats! On Friday, KNVN-TV announced they are cancelling the email segment. They did that once before, but this time I suspect they are serious. First, the baseball; now, this. At least I still have my "too much TV" to watch. . . I hope.

One good thing. . . the anchor thanked five of the most frequent contributors by name, and mine came first. For old time's sake, here are my final two submissions (UNUSED):

1. Who are those affluent people they polled who didn't mind wasting more money on useless standardized tests, and so-called expert advice from people who have never been in a classroom? It certainly wasn't us with limited resources.

2. They recently commemorated the death of all those astronauts who died pursuing a dream that we can no longer afford. Didn't we already waste enough lives, time and money long ago?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home