Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wooo

As you know, the world did not end yesterday as predicted by the loony Harold Camping. However, when I went bedward about midnight, I discovered that the old battery-operated clock in my bed chamber had died at about 4:30 p.m. Nothing, not even a new battery, could resuscitate it.

I went into the other room to retrieve another battery-operated clock, one that plays Christmas songs if desired, as a replacement. Although seldom consulted, it had always been reliable. I found it running, but recording the time as 7 o'clock. Woooo. . . .

I put in the new battery I had tried previously, and fell into a fitful sleep. Sometimes coincidence can be eerie. At the moment, the clock and I are on the right time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home