Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Class envy

Lately, I frequently read about income equality, and I must do what I can to discredit this communist concept. It is important that everyone understands how destructive to American life it would be if we were to allow anyone to convince us that it is moral to attempt to elevate the poor by punishing the achievers.

[For the most part, the founders were affluent, and they acknowledged that there two large groups who were not equal to them. Women were actually revered as superior, and placed on a pedestal. Slaves, conversely, remained essentially powerless.] Subsequent Amendments to the Constitution gave [both of those groups] political equality, but there is no mention of income equality, just equality of opportunity. Everyone now has access to public education; all we have to is apply ourselves. Hard work is the other major key to success.

No one can guarantee riches, but with preparation and application, Americans have the best opportunity of any people in the world to create a pleasant life for themselves, and they must be free to distribute their fairly-taxed earnings as they see fit. It's what the founders envisioned, and it has never meant taking money from the rich to create income equality.

UPDATE: Promptly, in an immediate answer to my letter, the Bee delivered a non-apology. With no mention of being sorry for the glitches in delivery, or any promise to make improvements to keep my business, they petulantly affirmed I had cancelled my subscription. Then, fresh upon their disappointing performance on Sunday, they mentioned I owed them $23 for the days since I didn't pay my renewal. How thoughtful. I will pay it because I always honor my responsibilities, and because I'm sure the Bee would send it to collection as any other mean-spirited liberal institution would.
OUTCLASSED: The Bee just wrote it off, like real people would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home