Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Stubborn

I don't beg. I had excellent parents, and, in my youth, when I tried to employ that childish ploy, they refused to accede to my entreaties, and I soon discovered that I felt extreme shame and discomfort at my behavior, and I discontinued it permanently. Certainly, during my school years, I made a number of requests of others, but no begging occurred, because I assumed everyone had the same strength of character as my parents.

After seven years of marriage, my wife, in an act of unexpected hostility, presented me with divorce papers on my birthday. I asked her why, and she wouldn't respond, I didn't beg. I expressed my physical love one more time, and moved out the next morning. We never spoke of it again.

Last year, my son relocated outside the country without telling me, or saying goodbye. However, his brother and sister let me know, but added, "You'll have to ask him why." I don't know what he thinks I have done wrong, but I can't beg. He'll tell me when, or if, he wants to. I miss him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home