Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Another celebration

Today is my truck's sixteenth birthday. I sang the iconic song to him, but first born wouldn't join in. She's a fuddy-duddy.

He is barely broken in, with less than 74,000 miles. Although he came off the line earlier, I always celebrate the day he came home with me and became a member of the family. Earlier this week, he passed smog with flying colors. I hope he had a happy birthday.

EARLIER: I believe I know someone who lives in the Congressional district of Democrat Anthony Weiner, who blew his top on Thursday night, screamed at a Republican legislator, and behaved like a fool, because a vote didn't go his way. Never mind that members of his own party assisted in defeating it, because, as I suspect, it was probably loaded with pork. Everything nowadays seems to be.

TODAY: It is rumored that the Clintons might spend $3 million on Chelsea's wedding. How much of the suffering of the sick and poor could that potentially alleviate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home