Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Last Standing

My favorite comic, Myq Kaplan, was the first of the final five to be eliminated. He is clever and a little edgy, and probably too esoteric for the general TV audience that did the voting. There were couple of contestants who had been eliminated by the judges earlier whom I enjoyed more than the four remaining, but now, I preferred the eventual winner. The last two were the only ones to perform, and his set was clearly superior, and cemented my decision.

I had planned to try to determine here the factors that brought about the selection of a man of Hispanic heritage, given the potential controversy it might evoke, but I have decided that the voters must have recognized that, in the tradition of George Lopez and Paul Rodriguez, he's funny. As I have always said, it is only illegal behavior to which Americans object.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home