Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Don't tell anyone, but

Yesterday, I broke the law.  I don't have a driver's license, but I drove 3 1/2 miles round trip to Fred's Automotive to get my truck smogged.  It passed, as usual, with flying colors.  Fred thanked us, even though we don't use him any longer for regular mechanical work because he tends to be a little shoddy.  Besides, we've discovered A & Z who haven't disappointed us yet.

With the truck turning 18 at the end of the month. I have been wondering if I could have him register to vote.  I don't know what kind of paperwork I would file, but I suppose he should have a name (Chevy Truckee?), and have his own P.O. Box.  That seems a little complicated just to point out the folly of letting youngsters vote, and I doubt they will mistake his pink slip for a birth certificate.

Naturally, it would actually be fraud to let him vote, especially since he won't have registered for the draft, and although he's been very reliable, he's as dumb as a liberal.  After all, he calls his pink slip an enTITLEment.

GUESS WHO will be calling President Obama The Great Assassinator in an upcoming newspaper.  Speaking of the men in black appearing, did you happen to see the first "Political Animals" (USA), when it lost all credibility?  He's the former President and Sigourney's character's ex-husband, and she's Secretary of State (the Clintons?)   When two limos arrive at a sleazy motel in broad daylight, she joins him in a rent-by-the-hour room while two Secret Service agents stand at attention outside the door.  Nobody would notice that, would they? .  .  .  .

(Is there another Sigourney somewhere?  Is it a stranger woman's name than Madison or Emery?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home