Dolce far niente

"Too much law make people mad." "Hawai'i"

Sunday, August 29, 2010

"All will be revealed"

They lied. "Persons Unknown" had made the title promise, but, probably around Thursday, they either had their contract renewed or were promised negotiations, because they gave us a cliff-hanger instead. I actually enjoyed it, because I had been dreading something really stupid, and although frustrating, it didn't insult anyone's intelligence. If it comes back, I may even continue to watch it. Mission accomplished?

FRIDAY: The true test of a good movie or play is how soon my butt begins to ache. "Burn After Reading" went by too quickly and without posterior discomfort. You gotta love those Coen brothers. I rate it top five Coen of the nine I have seen (most McDormand's). I do assess, however, that there were several more uses of variations of the word "fuck" than were needed to establish character or further the plot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home